- 2qts shrimp stock
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 6tbs butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1lb arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb squid with tentacles & bodies cut it 1/2 in rings
- 1/2 lb shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- In a large pot, bring the stock to a simmer.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened and translucent. Add rice and warm it about 2 minutes.
- When the rice is warm, add just enough stock to completely cover the rice. Stir and return the stock to a boil. Reduce the heat so that the stock is lightly boiling. Stir occasionally. Add stock as it gets absorbed by the rice. Risotto should take about 25 minutes to become soft and most of the stock should be used.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add squid and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the squid is opaque, 5 minutes.
- When the rice is ready add the seafood and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and the Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese until well mixed. Transfer plates and serve
- 1000041 - Vitale Olive Oil
- 0000040 - Fresh Garlic Whole Clove
- 5230165 - Shrimp Base
- 0920955 - Salted Butter Blocks AA
- 5160520 - Arborio Rice
- 4200148 - Calamari T&T Loligo Bell Harbor
- 4200226 - Shrimp P&D Tail Off
- 0800195 - Parmigiano Reggiano
- 0000020 - Spanish Yellow Onion