- whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven as you typically would (commercial ovens at 700-800 F).
- In a food processor, add kale, pecans, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Turn on the food processor and drizzle in the oil. Process until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Prepare the pizza dough as directed.
- Top pizza with an even layer of pesto. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Lastly, in a small bowl, toss 1 cup chopped kale with 1 teaspoon olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Rub the oil into the kale so it’s covered with a light, even layer. Distribute the kale evenly over the top of the pizza.
- Transfer to the oven, either on a baking sheet or onto your preheated baking stone. Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese on top is bubbly (about 10 minutes on a baking sheet, or as few as 5 minutes on a baking stone).
- 1000041 - Vitale Olive Oil
- 5100099 - Lemon Juice
- 0000040 - Fresh Garlic Whole Clove
- 2040048 - Kosher Salt Diamond
- 2000035 - Ground Black Pepper Marino
- 5002580 - Pecan Halves & Pieces Marino
- 0000014 - Green Kale
- 3800304 - Whole Wheat 12” Pizza Crust
- 0100038 - Part Skim Country Brand Mozzarella