- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Can Anchovies, Chopped (Reserve Oil)
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 (14 Ounce) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 (14 Ounce) Can Pureed Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Lightly Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pitted Kalamata Olives
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 Pound Long Pasta Such As Spaghetti or Cappellini
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and then add the reserved anchovy oil.
- Add the anchovies and stir vigorously to break down the anchovies, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute or two until fragrant.
- Dump the tomatoes and tomato puree into the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts, raisins, parsley, and olives and cook for another 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season generously with black pepper, the red chili flakes, and a pinch of salt if needed.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta until it is just "al dente".
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add 1/3 of the sauce to the pot with the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve the pasta either in a large, shallow serving bowl, or individual bowls with additional sauce on top.
- Ferraro# 1000041 - EVOO
- Ferraro# 3000020 - Anchovies
- Ferraro# 1000760 - Tomato Puree
- Ferraro# 2000002 - Pine Nuts
- Ferraro# 1400184 - Kalamata Olives
- Ferraro# 2500005 - Spaghetti