Crispy Goat Cheese Poppers with Honey
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (11 oz.) log soft goat cheese
- 2 cups oil (grapeseed, canola or veg oil)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh chives
makes 24 poppers
- In a medium bowl combine flour and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, salt and 2 tablespoons water.
- In a separate bowl, add panko.
- Roll goat cheese into 24 (1-Tablespoon size) balls.
- Roll each ball in flour then egg, then panko crumbs, coating evenly.
- Freeze 20 minutes, or until firm.
- When ready to cook, set a deep saucepan to medium-high heat. Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Fry goat cheese in batches, 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Arrange goat cheese poppers on a platter. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
- 0800190 - Pithari Goat Cheese Log
- 0940125 - Country Brand Large Eggs
- 5030050 - Marino Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3500045 - Golden Performance Canola Oil
- 0940125 - Producers Pack Ground Pepper
- 2040047 - Kosher Salt
- 5140741 - Golden Honey
- 1500044 - All Purpose Flour
- 0000202 - Fresh Chives