Blount Beef Chili & Homemade Cornbread
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan or 9-inch round cake pan with the cooking spray.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the butter over low heat until melted.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter, milk and egg with a fork or wire whisk until well mixed. Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt all at once; stir just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into the pan; use a rubber spatula to scrape batter from bowl. Spread batter evenly in pan and smooth top of batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- 2040048 - Kosher Salt Diamond
- 1540041 - Cornmeal
- 2000146 - Baking Powder
- 2020055 - Sugar 50lb
- 1530030 - Ferraro Flour 50lb0940125 - Large Eggs Country Brand
- 0960384 - Milk 2% Ultra Pasteurized
- 0920955 - Salted Butter Blocks